This project was an experiment to test quilting of a small quilt that was already finished and bound. This table runner was something that my mother in law had put together, however she had never put a stitch of quilting in it. This style of table runner is not something that would fit in any
Month: March 2014
I literally threw this quilt together in a couple of days. The fabric has been sitting on a shelf in my closet for at least seven years. It is all from the “On the Mend” line from Loralie Designs, except for the green fabric (which was added just to give a bit of contrast. The
I created this quilt to test not only my skills but to test the skills of the the new long arm machine, and the software provided. I wanted to learn how to trim out an appliqué from an all over quilting design, as well as design something for the curved borders. When I had originally
This is another example of something that is not my style. Again the blocks were from my mother-in-law. When I finally found the book that contained the pattern I decided to put this table runner together. Again, this small quilt allowed me to learn more about the new long arm machine, in this case this
This is not my type of quilt, however I used some blocks that my mother-in-law had made, and added some plain squares of the same background fabric that I had found in her stash in order to teach myself how to do some custom quilting on the new long arm machine. This design allowed me
This quilt was an experiment in many ways. I had offered my services to my sister-in-law if they ever needed an auction quilt for one of their school projects. A short time later she asked if I was serious and that they had a preschool auction in March. This was in November so at least
Keep up to date on all the latest quilts that we are working on.